Monday, March 12, 2012

A Tote for Janie

I wanted to share this tote that I made for my very good friend Janie.  Ever since she saw the bags that Paula made she has wanted a "Tilda Bag".   So I decided to experiment to see if I  could make a "Tilda Bag" (Tote) and it seemed to work.  Once I had the image on the right kind of fabric I was off and running with the idea.   The tote or bag is one I've made quite a few times but decided to make the front pocket different by using the Tilda image instead. 



I told Janie I had something for her but she didn't know what it was.  I work part-time at our local quilt
shop so when I knew Janie would be in town I had her stop by the shop and surprised her with the tote.   Some her favorite colors are pinks and greens so as you can see I used them in the bag as well as on the Tilda image.   She is planning a trip to New Mexico to see her granddaughter and meet her great grandson when he makes his appearance in this world.  I believe she plans on using the tote on her trip.                                                                                                                                                        

Guess now I need to think about making myself one.   Paula also made some darling zipper pulls using Shrinky Dink so I guess the next thing is to give that a try but I'm not sure how that might turn out.     



Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to look at my new blog. May you have a blessed day and stop by again.

10 comments:

  1. Ruth Ann, not only have you given me this amazing "Tilda bag" to take on my trip to meet my soon to be born great grandson, you have blessed me with the best gift of all & that's your friendship. What a wonderful surprise to get & for no special reason !!! The day you gave it to me I was truly having a bad day & this really lifted my spirits. You made me cry (in a good way) & I most certainly am taking my "Special" bag on the plane with some stamped Tilda's & a few Copic markers to color them ... I want to show it off ! You've inspired me to get back to making cards & getting them posted as soon as I get back.
    Thanks for being the best friend a girl could ever ask for.
    Sending a big hug to you from Idaho, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth Ann what a beautiful gift and I can imagine how Janie felt when you presented her with it....gorgeous colous and love the sweet atilda image you have used...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is not a doubt in my doubt in my mind that Janie is totally over the moon about this tote, Ruth Ann!!! It's utterly gorgeous and what a wonderful suprise!! Love it, and I know Janie did too!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janie told me about your bag! How awesome for her to get this wonderful surprise from you! Beautiful creating Ruth Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZERS!!! Girl, you put my bags to shame! This is AWESOME!! Janie is one VERY SPECIAL person to get this! I LOVE IT!!!! Oh and the shrinky dinks are very easy to do, just let me know if you have questions and I'll try to answer them for you, but looking at this bag, I think you could answer questions for me!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Ruth Ann and what a thoughtful and useful gift. Of course Janie is special and I can't think of a better person to give it to but still, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruth Ann, this tote bag you made for Janie is absolutely gorgeous! I love that Tilda you put on the bag. I can hear Janie squealing with delight when you gave this bag to her, and yes, she will take this with her to see her new great grandson! What a beautiful gift for you. When she returns, can you keep her at home with you to do some paper crafting? LOL! Have a beautiful day!
    Hugs,
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE it....the colors are beautiful and I know sweet Janie will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the most beautiful bag - I've just seen it over at Janie's blog and just had to come and take a look at your blog too. You're a very talented crafter Ruth Ann.

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful bag and what a beautiful friend you are!

    Blessings,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete