Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Get Well Wish


My good friend Janie just had some back surgery not long ago so decided to make her a card with hopes that it would brighten her day.  I think it worked.   Another friend Patti and I also took a meal over to her to give her husband a break on cooking dinner every night.
P1000874
I had this adorable Doctor Edwin then found Nurse Tilda among my minis so put them together to make the perfect pair. I used Copic markers to color them both.  I used the spellbinder labels 18 to put the two on.  Behind them I put some gauze (what better thing to use with the medical pair).  The flowers are from WOC, then some bling to the flowers.   The sentiment is one I found among some of my SU stamps.  I decided to try my hand at using the Pearl Pens and the pearls didn’t turn out too bad.  Then to finish it up I added bow made out of the wonderful silk ribbon.
P1000878

I used that wonderful spellbinder die again with a sentiment that says it all.   Just had to add a band-aid, you never know when you might need one.

Thanks for stopping by and wishing you a wonderful week.  Hope to see again.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know Janie had surgery Ruth Ann, how nice of you to make her a card (love the bandaid!) and take over dinner. She is lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Janie had had surgery....Ruth Ann your card will definitely cheer her up I know she loves Tilda and you have made such a beautiful card
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is really neat and I am sure Janie loved it. But would you take a look at the size of Tilda's needle. It looks like it was made for a horse not a person!!!! And poor Doctor Edwin - have you ever noticed he has the saddest expression on his face. He needs a vacation! Your card is very pretty and you are a very thoughtful friend!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply Lovely. HugS Sheila.x

    ReplyDelete