Saturday, July 20, 2013

A Granddaughter’s Birthday

 
I made this card for my youngest granddaughter who will be turning 18 on the 26th.  She is a very special young lady but it also makes me sad know she is growing up…..the time goes by so quickly.
P1020141
I once again decided to use a Wee stamp instead of my favorite Tilda’s so here you have it.  I colored her with my copic’s then cut her out with a Spellbinder die.  As I’m sure you’ve noticed I used purple and lavender to make this card.  My good friend Janie let me come over and cut out some fishtail tags which I used for the sentiment.
P1020143
 
P1020142
Most of the flowers are from WOC however I did use a Martha Steward punch for the one flower.
P1020145
I don’t know if you can tell or not but I added a Swarovski crystal to the center of the bow.
 
Thanks for stopping by in your buy schedule.
hugs, Ruth Ann
 
This was an after thought.......here is a picture of the quilt I made for my granddaughter and her new husband.  This granddaughter is the sister to the granddaughter that I just made the card for.  There was too much light coming through the window so the picture didn't turn out very good,

 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth Ann...your granddaughter will love her beautiful card such pretty colours..you are right they grow up far too quickly...what a fabulous quilt Ruth Ann and just love the images you have used..you've certainly been a busy lady..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card my friend. Your colors & coloring of this little cutie are perfect. I know we both love our Tildas but it's fun to use something new once in awhile. i'm not sure I've seen that image ... it's really cute. Glad you were able to use the Tags. They look great & work so well with this sweet creation. And the quilt, oh my word that is gorgeous !!
    Your family is very fortunate that you spread your love & talent around. I admire you & all you do.
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ruth Ann! your quilt is gorgeous. Where in the world do you get the time for all the wonderful things you make?
    Your Birthday card card is very pretty and I am sure your granddaughter will treasure this keepsake.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete