Monday, July 9, 2012

Fun in the Sun


This is a card I just finished for my granddaughter’s birthday that’s coming up the end of the month.  She and her mother went with us last year to Florida (we live in Montana) in March for our oldest granddaughter’s wedding.   This was her first taste of Florida and she thought Florida was the berries (if she only knew).   Once the Summer Memories came out I knew I had to use one of them for Sydnee’s card.
P1000888
Once I had Flip-flop Tilda and the background stamp I knew I needed a palm tree so then the search began.   When I found the Hawaii Palm Tree I was thrilled so off to the shopping cart it went, once it was ordered it was shipped to me in record time.   Now I needed a shell or starfish or something to add to the card.   So out came Edwin in Miami, I printed the starfish, colored it and cut it out and it was perfect.
P1000889
Isn’t she a doll!   My beautiful granddaughter loves flip flops and she has as much hair as this little Tilda.
P1000892
Here’s a view of this wonderful palm tree, I did have to cut down the sand  base to fit the card but that was to only thing I had to do.
P1000893
Last but not least here is the bottom of the card.   I used some gauze to look like nets and here is where you can see the star fish.   I popped Tilda, the palm tree and the star fish to give it more dimension.

I had more fun making this card so I hope you enjoy it also, thanks for stopping by.   Hope this is a great week for everyone.


6 comments:

  1. What agreat beach scene you have created Ruth Ann..your granddaughter will love it..love the gauze

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scene card. I love the bright crisp colors. Ruth Ann. You have indeed created a keep sake for your grand daughter. The gauze is nice but the blue bow is perfect!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ruth Ann what a darling card & the perfect beach scene. I love seeing you create these adorable creations, using little bit's to embellish it here & there. That Palm tree is wonderful & the gauze is the perfect added touch.
    So happy to see you showing your beautiful work.
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. O goodness girl! This is incredible!!!! Your masking is top notch!! and your coloring...well top notch too! Gotta love Tilda with flip flops (i agree with Syndee, nothing's better than flip flops). Your netting, your palm tree....I just love this!!! I'm not sure what a perfect card looks like but I'm pretty sure if this isn't it, it's the closest thing to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your granddaughter will love this card and it will bring back so many good memories. Nicely done!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete